I have a silver handstamped necklace with the kids name's on it, and I wear it almost every day. It's a simple circle, simple font, simple names. I love it.
Every once in a while, Lucy asks if she can try it on.
So when she turned 5 back in February, I thought it would be fun to get her her own necklace. I hopped on the Vintage Pearl site, and the ball was rolling.
But I had no idea what to write on the necklace and what style to get.
So I asked Lucy.
She said, "a heart with 'I love my family' ".
Such a sweetheart.
I interpreted her words a bit and decided to write "lucy, owen, dad, mom"....all the members of our family.
It turned out really cute. And Lucy really loves it.
She felt so grown-up trying it on and couldn't believe she could wear it all day.
The chain is the 14-inch size for girls. Part of me wishes it was a few inches shorter (photo below) but I've realized that she'll be able to wear it for years to come!
If you've never been there, The Vintage Pearl is a lovely shop. The silver is gorgeous and the designs are simple. But what I really love most is that they have something for everyone (even the boys)! These photos below only skim the surface of what's available. There are so many styles to choose from.
And if jewelry's not your thing, check out their unique keepsakes:
Browse around and pick out your favorite.....cause today we're giving away a $50 Gift Certificate to the Vintage Pearl!
* Leave a comment, that's it!
* Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment, which may be written as: dana (at) hotmail (d0t) com, if you're worried about leaving your real address in cyberspace.
* Only One entry per person.
* If you forget something and need to leave a second comment, go back and DELETE your first comment.
* Open to anyone in the world!
* ONE winner will be picked via random.org
* Giveaway ends Friday 6/24/11 at 11pm (Central Time).
Winner will be announced on Sunday.
Oh, and if by any chance anyone's wondering about Lucy's little yellow top....isn't it sweet? It's actually an 18-month-old dress from Target but works great as a shirt on Lucy. Found it at Goodwill!