Yesterday I shared Big Little FELT Universe.
Today Rae shared Sewing for BOYS.
And now I've got one more for you! Books are in the air!
If you have kids, if you love to sew, if they love to sew, if you want to teach them to sew, if you just want cool projects to do with kids....well, this is the book for you! Seriously, it's awesome.
Amie and Andria are two moms who teach a sewing school for kids in Memphis, TN. The school has been such a hit with the community that they turned it into a book, called....Sewing School. BRILLIANT.
I ran into the two of them at the Quilt Market this fall where they were signing books. So I got a special copy for Lucy (which will make a great Christmas gift in a year or two). I wish I had this when I was younger! And I asked them if they'd like Celebrate the BOY by giving away a few copies to you.
The topic about when and how to teach your kids to sew often comes up in our blogging circle. And if you're itching to get your kids involved, this is the perfect place to start....with a book aimed at kids themselves.
Sewing School walks kids through basic stitches, explains what should be in your sewing basket, teaches them to troubleshoot (in terms they understand), and has a wide variety of projects they can do on their own...both by hand and with a machine. And all the patterns needed are at the back of the book.
How happy does this photo make you? Two boys sewing!
The book is for boys, for girls, for anyone who likes to be creative!
And mostly, the book is just fun. I want to jump into the pages and sew along with them.
Would you like a book? Today we're giving away THREE copies!
* Leave a comment, that's it!
* Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment, which may be written as: dana (at) hotmail (dot) com, if you're worried about leaving your real address in cyberspace.
* Only One entry per person.
* If you forget something and need to leave a second comment, go back and DELETE your first comment. To delete a comment, click on the trashcan icon next to your comment.
* Open to anyone in the world with a normal mailing address!
* THREE winners will be picked via random.org
* A copy of the Sewing School book will be mailed to the winners.
* Giveaway ends Friday 3/11/11 at 8pm (Central Time). Winners will be announced Sunday evening.