A year ago, I posted about Mini Me and their amazing paper dolls. Lucy has really enjoyed playing with them and until now, she was only allowed to get them out when Owen was taking a nap. In fact one day Owen wasn't even tired enough for a nap and Lucy politely asked if he could go sleep so she could get out the dolls.
But our little boy has grown up and he's a bit more graceful now than he was as a 2 year old. So we checked out Mini Me again and discovered that they now have BOY paperdolls with the same great customizable features!
So they sent a mini Owen over for us to try out!
Mini Me sent the ultimate boy doll and clothing set (I only wish the clothing were real. Hannah's illustrations are amazing. I'd like to see my Owen in all of them!) And they also sent the Fairy/Folk Tale Line. Now Owen has 12 darling (I mean, handsome and cool) outfits to choose from!
His little fingers carefully touched all the pages while I cut out clothing as fast as I could.
Then thanks to the amazing Sticky Strip, Owen easily placed clothes on his doll and swapped them out, without even worrying about the little tabs. For detailed info on the sticky strip and other Mini Me doll info, see my other post here.
Seriously, how cute are these clothes?
We took the doll and clothes out on our front porch to play with. We brought Lucy's doll along too so little paper Owen and Lucy could play together.They look like my real kids. It's really cute.
Owen was quickly attached to the "rainbow sweater" outfit for his doll and refused to take it off. Whenever I tried to change the outfit without him noticing, he'd turn back around and say " But Mom....he's supposed to wear the rainbow one!" I had no idea the kid had a fashion opinion.
The Lucy and Owen dolls played together, walked around looking for bugs,
had conversations with each other, and climbed up walls.
Lucy has always been an imaginative child but she often seems to overshadow Owen when they're playing together. So it was fun to see Owen 1-on-1 being just as creative with his toys.
I wanted to get a picture of him with his doll but he kept covering his face. So I said, "show me the real Owen." And he put his paper doll in my lens. "This is the real Owen Mom"
Funny little boy. He's got a good sense of humor too.
These dolls are a great gift idea--they're totally unique and remind you of the paper dolls you played with as a kid (with updated technology).
Would you like to try out Mini Me paper dolls too?
* For ALL readers, Mini Me is offering a 15% discount to anything in the store, from now until Monday 2/28 at midnight. Just type in "MADE" when asked for a discount code at checkout.
* For one winner, Mini Me is giving away the Ultimate Doll Package plus the Boy Fairy/Folk Tale line. This includes:
- Customizable doll
- 6 outfits
- Special "About Me" pages
- An extra set of keepsake clothing pages and doll (signed by Hannah, the artist)
- Pdf files of the doll/clothing so you can print them off if anything tears!
- 6 cool fairy/folk outfits such as Peter Pan, Cowboy, Johnny Appleseed
* Leave a comment, that's it!
* Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment, which may be written as: dana (at) hotmail (d0t) com, if you're worried about leaving your real address in cyberspace.
* Only One entry per person.
* If you forget something and need to leave a second comment, go back and DELETE your first comment. To delete a comment, click on the trashcan icon next to your comment.
* Open to anyone in the world with a normal mailing address!
* ONE winner will be picked via random.org
* Giveaway ends Saturday 2/26/11 at 8pm (Central Time). Winners will be announced on Sunday.
Thanks for playing!