And today we're giving an original painting to one of you too!
If you're new to Modern Bird Studios, here's how it works:
You send them a photo and they turn it into a beautiful graphic image painting on wood. I was so surprised by that. I thought it would be canvas but the wood makes it even cooler and more interesting.
There are various image types to choose from.
Two-tone color process:
Or even acrylic mounted on wood:Check out all their products here and their Portfolio here.
For the image of my kids, we used a multi-color process with lots of grays to go with our house.
The image was created from these two photos below, to capture the best expression from both kids.
These photos really make me smile because they take me right back to the day they were snapped. Grandma and Grandpa were in town so we drove downtown to check out the Congress Bridge bats. Of course waiting for the unpredictable timing of bats can be long and boring for kids. So to keep them entertained, we ran to the nearest quicky mart and bought colorful, messy lollipopss. Our two hour bat-wait on the grassy lawn was way more fun that I would have thought. And the kids had everyone around us laughing too.
The back of the painting has two mounted pieces of wood, to make the painting extend from the wall, adding depth. Love that. It's all about the little details.
The only problem is? Where to hang it....?
(and how to take a photo without Lucy jumping in). It will likely go in our living room where I can see it the most. But it would really look great anywhere in the house. It's so much cooler to me than a framed photograph.
For now though, I like seeing dirty knobby knees next to that smiley face. It's almost like she's at her own art show...."real life kid meets beautiful impression of kid".
Would you like to win one? Just in time for the Holidays??!
Today we're giving away a $250 Gift Certificate to the Modern Bird Studios shop, so you can pick out exactly what you'd like.
* Leave a comment, that's it!
* Leave your EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment, which may be written as: dana (at) hotmail (d0t) com, if you're worried about leaving your real address in cyberspace.
* Only One entry per person.
* If you forget something and need to leave a second comment, go back and DELETE your first comment.
* Open to US and International readers, HOWEVER, an International winner will need to pay for additional shipping costs (if the $250 gift card does not cover it)
* ONE winner will be picked via random.org
* Giveaway ends Sunday 11/14/10 at 8pm (Central Time).
Head over to Modern Bird Studios to check out their stuff. The deadline for Christmas orders is the first week of December.
And don't forget about the Tamron Lens Giveaway below. If you haven't already entered, it goes till the end of November.