This is a sponsored review from BlogHer and Valspar Paint.Well folks Lucy's room is finished! Thank you for helping me along the way.
For the past month....
* You helped me brainstorm about the perfect color choice.
* You voted for your perfect color choice.
* I shared the colors we choose and showed you our painting progress.
And now......it's time for the big reveal!
CONGRATS to winner of the 3rd $100 gift card to Lowe's!......
#46 - Embily! who said: i love it! i think it's just perfect that you chose a few different colors to paint her room! -Emily F
Thanks Emily. I'm happy I went with multiple colors too. It adds so much..."fun" to the room.
Okay, enough chatting. Time for pictures.
But first, let's remember how dull and boring Lucy's room used to be.
I also chose accent colors for her furniture and other decor:
LUCY's NEW Room!
Come on in and I'll give you a tour.....
Here's what we used:
* ICY BLUE on the left side of the room
* TOP BANANA on the right side wall
* Accented the back wall with vertical stripes of CITY STORM and ULTRA WHITE. The white paint is a flat finish and the gray is semi-gloss so that the stripes pop out a little more when you're in the room.
Of course a beautiful touch to any room is nice wood molding. We added crown molding to the entire ceiling and framed the window with additional trim. All the moldings and doors were painted with ULTRA WHITE, semi-gloss.
Crown molding and other framing are not hard to do. You do need some tools and a simple "how-to" book or tutorial. But with a coat of ULTRA WHITE on there, it adds such class and pop to the painted walls. I absolutely love it and will continue adding it to more rooms in our house.
My favorite improvement to the room is Lucy's kitchen/dining area and the "outdoor" market. I repainted her old furniture with Valspar paints as well! I used ULTRA WHITE for most of the pieces and accented them with SCARLET SUN and RAPIDS:
We added a vintage mirror to the wall next to her door, with a shelf and cups for dressing up in colorful beads.
And guess what? I used my Valspar paints to create artwork too! I painted SCARLET SUN on a large canvas and used ULTRA WHITE to paint large dandelions over the top.
It's been a busy month. But I love the results.
Thank you for helping me go from......Lucy now has the best bedroom in the house. Lucky girl.
BUT WAIT....the fun isn't over yet! Now it's your turn to be lucky!
For the past month we've been giving away $100 giftcards to Lowe's Home Improvement store so that you can buy Valspar paints too. And today we have a grand prize to give away.
Are you ready??....
Leave me a comment, telling me what you think about our paint make-over and Lucy's new room.
And ONE person will win a $500 giftcard to Lowe's!
That's huge. Think of all the paint and supplies you can buy with that!
Winner will be chosen at random (via random.org) and results will be posted next week.
* Leave a comment. That's it! Let me know what you think of my color selection.
* Leave you EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment.
* Only ONE entry per person.
* If you forget something and need to leave a second comment, go back and DELETE your first comment.
* only open to US RESIDENTS, 18 years or older.
* Winner will be picked via random.org and emailed with additional info.
* Giveaway will run for one week and ends TUESDAY 7/6/10 at 11pm (Central Time).
And just wait.....I have a many posts to share about decorating Lucy's room. But that will come later this month!